Whether you are looking for a laptop for college or just for personal use, finding the right laptop can be very difficult. This is especially so when you are looking for the best laptops for information technology students.
Information technology students need to work with both hardware and software. However, laptops are expensive. Not only do they need to be powerful to run all the heavy programs, but they also need to be durable.
Information technology is a buzzword in the world of business. Information technology is worth billions of dollars and is growing by the day.
From just a few companies dominating the industry to highly competitive industries, information technology has seen it all.
Information technology students can also get into this industry and here are the best laptops for information technology students.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top Picks
- 2 Best Laptops for Information Technology Students in 2022
- 2.1 1. Acer Aspire 5
- 2.2 2. 2020 Apple MacBook Pro
- 2.3 3. Dell XPS 13
- 2.4 4. 2020 Apple MacBook Air
- 3 Buyer’s Guide
- 4 Conclusion
Acer Aspire 5 A515-46-R14K Slim Laptop | 15.6" Full HD IPS | AMD Ryzen 3 3350U Quad-Core Mobile Processor | 4GB DDR4 | 128GB NVMe SSD | WiFi 6 | Backlit KB | Amazon Alexa | Windows 10 Home (S mode)
2020 Apple MacBook Pro with Intel Processor (13-inch, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Storage) - Silver
Dell XPS 13 9310 Touchscreen 13.4 inch FHD Thin and Light Laptop - Intel Core i7-1185G7, 16GB LPDDR4x RAM, 512GB SSD, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 2Yr OnSite, 6 months Dell Migrate, Windows 10 Pro - Silver
2020 Apple MacBook Air Laptop: Apple M1 Chip, 13” Retina Display, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD Storage, Backlit Keyboard, FaceTime HD Camera, Touch ID. Works with iPhone/iPad; Space Gray
Dell XPS 15 - 15 Inch FHD+, Intel Core i7 10th Gen, 16GB Memory, 512GB Solid State Drive, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Ti 4GB GDDR6, Windows 10 Home (Latest Model) - Silver
Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 15-inch Touchscreen 256GB SSD AMD Ryzen 7 (8GB RAM, Windows 10 Home, Latest Model) - Platinum, 5UI-00001
HP OMEN | 15-EN0023DX/Gaming 15.6" Laptop | AMD Ryzen 7/4800H | 16GB DDR4 3200/MHz | 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti | Backlit Keyboard/Windows 10 Home
Best Laptops for Information Technology Students in 2022
A laptop is pretty much essential for any student looking at taking up an IT course. If you need some good laptops, then this is the place to be. In this article, we look at some of the best laptops for IT professionals.
- 4.1GHz 11th Generation Intel Core i3 processor
- Narrow bezel design with a 15.6 full UHD display
- 4GB memory with 128GB SSD storage
- Windows 10 Home OS with extra security
- Graphics: Intel UHD
- Sound: built-in microphones for clear audio
Acer Aspire 5 15.6 Inch Laptop (Black) with i3 Processor, 4GB RAM, 128 GB Hard Drive, and Windows 10 Home 64 Bit.
For those who are looking for a budget-friendly portable computer, the Acer Aspire 5 15.6-inch. A laptop is one of the best options available in the market.
An Intel Core i3 processor, 4GB RAM with 128 GB Hard Drive, powered the laptop, making it a perfect balance between performance and affordability.
- Magic backlit keyboard with a powerful touchpad
- Processor: 10th-Gen quad-core Intel Core i5
- Memory expandable up to 64GB with SSD storage up to 4TB
- 4 ports with Thunderbolt support
- 13.3-inch retina display
Apple MacBook Pro is a great laptop for information technology based on the features and specifications of this device.
The best part about it is that it comes with a very attractive price tag. This makes it one of the most affordable laptops in the market.
The laptop features a 13.3-inch Retina display with IPS technology and it has an aspect ratio of 3:2. It comes with a wide color gamut and a high pixel density.
It has support for up to 10-point multi-touch, so you can use the trackpad with more precision than ever. The screen is very responsive, and it has a high refresh rate.
- Display: 13.4-inch Anti-reflection display
- Processor: 11th Generation Intel Core i7-1185G7,
- The full HD touchscreen design
- Additional graphics memory
- 4 thunderbolt ports with a separate music jack
Dell XPS 13 is a recent addition to the series of laptops from this brand. We can use this laptop in a wide range of environments and you can use it on a variety of surfaces.
A backlit keyboard with a touchpad makes it easier for people to type even in low light conditions.
They have designed this laptop with all the latest technology and components. The screen size of this laptop is 13.3 inches and has a resolution of 3200 x 1800 pixels.
This makes it suitable for people who want to watch movies on their laptops and play games with no problem.
It is a laptop that comes with top-of-the-line features. It has an amazing design and the best performance in the market right now. This makes it one of the most desired laptops for people who want to buy a new one.
The screen size is also impressive, which means you can enjoy your work on this device having no problem while doing so.
You will perform all of your tasks easily and quickly without wasting much time because of the outstanding performance of this device.
It also comes with a lot of options that you can choose from when buying or using it.
- Apple M1 chip with an 8-core CPU
- 13.3-inch Retina display
- 5 times faster graphics with 7 or 8 GPU
- Magic keyboard with low-light settings
- Supports USB4/Thunderbolt
The new MacBook Air has a Retina display, which is the first in the industry to feature high-resolution 4K displays.
The screen also features True Tone technology that adjusts color temperature according to ambient lighting conditions, so it looks just as good when you’re working away from bright lights.
Touch Bar replaces function keys on the keyboard for easier access to apps and controls for more intuitive use of your device.
Touch ID allows users to unlock their devices and make Apple Pay purchases using the Touch Bar.
The new MacBook Air has a large, powerful battery that lasts up to 12 hours on a single charge. This means you can work for longer without having to find an outlet or take your power cord with you when you travel.
The laptop also features up to 15 hours of wireless web browsing on Wi‑Fi, which is about twice as long as most laptops currently available in the market.
- 3D sound system
- Diamond cut sleek design
- Larger touchpad and smaller footprint
- Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 Ti graphics
- 15.6-inch 4K FHD Anti-glare display
- Processor: 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H
- 5 Ports- Thunderbolt, SD card reader, microphone jack, USB
- 16GB RAM with 512GB SSD storage
The XPS 15 is a new version of the popular Dell XPS 15 laptop. The new model comes with some significant improvements over its predecessor, which we already reviewed. It’s based on Intel’s processor and has an improved display.
The new model also features a better keyboard and trackpad than the previous generation.
The Dell XPS 15 9560 is available in several configurations. The base model has an Intel Core i3-6100H processor, 8 GB of RAM, and a 256 GB SSD.
- 2.0GHz expandable up to 4.4GHz, 8-Core AMD Ryzen 7 4980U processor
- Battery life up to 16 hrs
- 15-inch touchscreen display with 2496 x 1664 pixels resolution
- 8GB RAM with expandable SSD with 256GB storage
- Integrated AMD Radeon Graphics
Surface Laptop 4 is a laptop/tablet hybrid that you can use as a tablet or as a laptop. The device has run the latest version of Windows, which means it will work with all the apps you need for business and entertainment such as Adobe Creative Cloud (CC) applications like Photoshop Lightroom, Premiere Pro, After Effects, and more.
It also works with other popular CC tools like Illustrator and InDesign.
The Surface Laptop 4 has a 15-inch full HD (1920 x 1080) display that is touch-enabled and you can use it as a tablet or as a laptop. The device comes with an AMD Ryzen 7, 8GB of RAM, and 256GB of storage space.
It has powerful hardware and long battery life. The Surface Pro 4 has a 15-inch display with a 3:2 aspect ratio display with a resolution of 2496 x 1664 pixels for both a laptop and tablet. It also includes an AMD Radeon Graphics card for playing games on the go.
- Windows 10 Home processor with AMD Ryzen 7 4800H processor
- 15.6-inch WLED backlit display
- HD webcam, dual speakers, and full-size keyboard
- Smart fast charging technology
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti graphics
- 6GB graphics card
- 16GB RAM with 1TB SSD storage space
HP Omen 15 Gaming Laptop is one of the best laptops for Information Technology students who want to play games as well. It has a solid build quality with premium materials like metal and glass on top of a reinforced chassis, which gives it a very sturdy feel but is still lightweight.
This laptop also comes with some prominent features including an AMD Ryzen 7 processor, an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti graphics with 6 GB of dedicated memory, and a Full HD IPS display. This laptop is also one of the best laptops for Adobe Creative Cloud in terms of battery life.
HP Omen 15 Gaming Laptop has up to 10 hours of battery life, which makes it perfect for long workdays or even traveling with its built-in power adapter.
The best laptop for an IT student can mean different things depending on what you are doing, so it is important to know what you will need out of your laptop. This includes the type of job field, app development, gaming, and productivity work.
Factors to consider when going out to find a laptop for information technology students:
- Design: a good laptop should be able to accommodate the needs of a student’s job field. For example, if they are going into app development, they will need something that is lightweight and has an easily accessible keyboard.
- Features: The features you need can depend on what your job field requires. For example, gaming laptops will have different requirements than productivity laptops. If you are interested in Esports or streaming videos at home, then you will want more RAM and storage space in the computer.
- Price tag: Students are hard-pressed for cash, so it’s important not to spend too much on a laptop that doesn’t meet their job market. A good laptop will have enough speed to allow for decent gaming or app development work, but too much power can be just as bad for the wallet.
- Warranties: There are multiple models of laptops available for information technology students, so choose wisely. If there is a problem with your laptop during the warranty period, contact the company immediately because it could be hard to fix it later on down the road.
- Weight: The weight of your laptop is important because you will probably carry it around daily, especially if you are doing some sort of studies at home, like programming or online gaming.
- Operating System: There are fewer operating systems available for laptops, so you should make sure the operating system for your laptop is Windows 10 or Apple OS X. The reason being is that there are fewer viruses and other malicious software may be present in other operating systems.
- Display: There are a lot of types of displays out there for laptops, from touch screens to high-resolution 4k displays. Whatever type of display you go with will depend on what the purpose is for the laptop.
- Ports: The number of ports on your laptop is going to be a big factor as it’s something that separates laptops from each other. This also relates to how much power your laptop needs for what you’re doing.
- Size: It’s important to remember that laptops are not the same size as tablets. Depending on what type of laptop you’re looking for, you will need to ask yourself if you need something small, like a tablet or something bigger, like an ultrabook.
- Battery life: You should also make sure your laptop has at least an hour’s worth of battery life before buying it, but whatever you do, keep in mind that batteries die, eventually.
- Storage: Storage space is also a big factor because if you do a lot of apps development work or need to store a lot of documents, then make sure you have enough storage space on your laptop.
Information Technology students rely heavily on their laptops, what they need them to do, the operating system they need it to run, the budget they have to work with, are there any necessary accessories that are needed, what are the best laptops for Information Technology students?
Are there any laptops that are not recommended for Information Technology students?
If you are an IT student, then you know how expensive it can be to go to school. Buy the books, school supplies, and, of course, buy the laptop. This can end up being an enormous expense.
If you are on a budget, then you want to make sure that you are getting the best laptop for IT professionals using your money that is right for your needs.
Not only does it need to be the right brand, but you also need to make sure that it has the right specs.